INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS TO BRING YOUR AWESOME DESIGN TO LIFE
Magic Film Decals are an excellent alternative to stickers and cut vinyl products. Magic Film produces bold and fine detailed (Ink/Image only) transferable graphic appliques, requiring No Weeding. Magic Decals produced using either (DR) or (XP) Transfer Films are extremely durable, offering scuff, and scratch resistance with a tough protective finish. Magic Decals are also capable of withstanding exposure to harsh chemicals, and cleaning solutions. Magic Decals have an aggressive adhesive, which provides superior adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces. Magic Decals are the answer for short run product customization, without large minimum order quantities (MOQ’s). Ideal for decorating difficult objects that are not capable of being directly printed to. Magic Decal applications are limited only by your imagination!
PROCESSING INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAGIC FILM (XP) ENHANCED PERFORMANCE
- With adhesive side of A-Film facing up (paper liner labeled A), secure to print bed using vacuum.
Note : If your printer does not have vacuum, secure A-Film to metal plate or other rigid support material. When securing A-Film to rigid support material, you will first need to remove the (paper) release liner labeled A from the Clear Adhesive Film and then use tape to secure 4 edges.
- If A-Film has been secured to metal plate or other rigid support material, place on print bed and proceed to next step (3). If A-Film is secured to print bed by vacuum, proceed to next step (2a).
2a. Once A-Film is secured, remove the protective paper liner A from the Clear Adhesive Film and proceed to next step (3).
- RIP the image and start printing. IMPORTANT! Quality and Durability of the transfer decal produced is determined by the following factors. First, the most important factor is the ink set that is installed in your printer. If the ink set installed is “too hard”, the decal may crack or fracture when being applied to surfaces with complex curvatures or sharp corners. Conversely, if the ink set installed is “too flexible/soft”, the decal will tend to bubble or have an orange peel effect. This phenomenon will happen during application, or after it has been applied. Refer to recommended printers, ink sets, and layering instructions. The second important factor is which layering structure option you choose. Refer to layering structure options, found in the printers, ink sets, and layering instructions section. Last but not least, is the performance of the printer and profiling software being used.
- After image(s) have finished printing, remove protective (paper) release liner labeled B from “transfer” B-Film. Using the revealed/exposed side of “transfer” B-Film facing down, COLD laminate with firm pressure to printed A-Film. It is recommended to tape B-Films top edge with A-Film on metal plate or rigid support material. Again, use a metal plate or other support material that offers rigidity as it helps to eliminate bubbles/tunneling/ridges between image(s) on printed A-Film and “transfer” B-Film.
- Cut out desired image(s) using scissors, razor blade or plotter cutter.
- Using either tape leads, or other type of tape, apply tape leads to a common corner on both sides of the decal. Separate the front and back of the decal film by gently pulling apart. Discard clear release liner film and you are now ready to apply the Magic Film decal.
- Applying decal. Care should be taken applying decal to avoid trapping air bubbles between decal and target surface. Rub/press firmly over entire image area of decal to ensure that it is properly adhered. Using slow to medium speed, peel the clear transfer film away from Ink image which is now attached to your intended surface. You have successfully applied your decal!
MAGIC FILM STORAGE
NOTE: When Possible, keep Magic Film in its original packaging, stored flat in a cool dry place. If Magic Film has been removed from its original packaging, A-Film will tend to curl or telescope. The film is not affected by this phenomenon. After the protective (paper) release liner A has been removed, it will return to its original lay flat state. You should not see this phenomenon happen to Film B. It is also recommended to use finished Magic Film decals within 1-2 weeks after printing.